Social Icons

Monday, May 6, 2013

The GOOD way to spend your summer (besides eating)

I've had a list going for quite some time...here's a few off of my list ('few' being a very, very loose term):
  1. The Elite by Kiera Cass: Sequel to the Selection. I've read mixed reviews (even though it came out like a week ago?) so I want my own opinions
  2. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: Waaah I want to read this so badly. I'm taking John Green's advice and reading it. Let's hope it's good!
  3. Atonement by Ian McEwan: I've been carrying this book around in my backpack for three months and just haven't had time to read it (I really want to watch the movie but book before movie!)
  4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: I stole this from my English teacher two months ago and haven't given it back yet (SORRY) so I should probs read it.
  5. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen: okay this probably doesn't count because I've read it like four times in the past year, but I want to read it again. ahha.
  6. Persuasion by Jane Austen: AN AUSTEN I'VE YET TO READ. It's tragic, really.
  7. The Life of Pi by Yann Martel: 'Nough said.
  8. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: It's been years since I've last read this.
  9. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: It's been almost two years since I've read all of these books and now I'm going to college so I have to read them over again???
  10. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger: I never had to read this for school which is extremely unfortunate considering how much I've wanted to
  11. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: Yay for dystopian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: MORE DYSTOPIAN!
  13. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood: My mom told me years ago to read this and I've ignored her. It looks amazing, though, so yes. Reading it.
  14. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin: I know. I haven't read them and I'm watching the show. Don't judge me.
  15. Pure by Julianna Baggott: I just found this on goodreads earlier and GOOD LORD DO I WANT TO READ IT. Everyone says the world building is excellent (my pet peeve with dystopian novels) and it's slightly disturbing. My cup of tea!
  16. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: Kind of wary of this. There are a lot of reviews on goodreads which is a good sign, but the last time I read about a 'strong' female lead, she ended up disappointing me immensely (cough Defiance cough)
  17. Eon by Alison Goodman: Hannah Zimmerman read this when it came out and recommended it to me and NOW I'm going to read it. Finally. 
  18. None of the novels by Cassandra Clare because I just really don't like her writing/books/reused ideas (see post)

No comments:

Post a Comment