Social Icons

Sunday, July 21, 2013

some People ((the lucky
ones)) find it easy to
meet new people.
They enter a room glowing
with confidence and a smile
that never seems to falter.
Their aura draws all to Their side,
creating bonds which will last
until Their popularity dies.

I on the other hand
simply cannot
meet new people.
I halt before a closed door,
Their noises quieter
than the Dragon
I have become,
the breath puffing
from my nose as smoke.

strange how I would choose this metaphor
of Adira, a warrior unafraid to
conquer her foes,
when I cannot face mine.

Adira is who I strive to be,
the animal I know sits
beneath my thumping heart
and still can't reach. she
is the fire and ice within
my soul, igniting courage
to know what I fear.

It takes our combined strength
to open the closed door
ahead of me before
I can panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment